This plugin provides a user command with the author's approach to stripping trailing whitespace from an entire buffer, including removing empty or whitespace-only lines at the end of the buffer, without making command noise and without moving the cursor from its current position.
This is a very commonly written and implemented plugin, but I wrote my own because I could not find a plugin that did this in exactly the way I wanted:
- Accept an optional range
- Strip trailing lines as well as trailing spaces
- Report what was changed, accurately
- Work with old Vim (>=7.0)
- Work with a single
- Don't move the cursor
- Don't change the search pattern
- Don't define an
- Don't force a key mapping
- Don't define a global function
Copyright (c) Tom Ryder. Distributed under the same terms as Vim itself.